01 March 2012

Street Song 3: No Technology (The Art of Neo-Primitive Seduction)


First we’ll leave our keys
And park both of our cars.
Walk together like we used to do,
Just me and you under the stars.
And we’ll pretend that it’s dark,
Ignoring the glare of the street lights
As our hearts reach toward each other
And our minds reach for higher heights;
So that by the time that we get back home
We’ll be more than ready to be alone.

See we don’t need no technology
Comin’ between you and me,
From now until the sun starts to rise
The only light I need is in your eyes.

Turn your iPod off baby,
And put it on the counter next to mine.
Leave your laptop there too, don’t worry,
Everything will be just fine.
While I light these candles, Hon,
You can kill those lights,
I told you things were gonna be different tonight.
I already logged off the computer
And turned off my phone,
Tonight nobody’s gonna keep us from being alone.

See we don’t need no technology
Comin’ between you and me;
From now until tomorrow is born
You’re the only thing I’ll need to turn on.

Come over by the fireplace with me,
I got the bottle of oil, grab that bottle of wine.
You’ll see we don’t need no damn TV
And I promise everything will be just fine.
I’ll drink from your glass and you from mine
While we hold each other by the firelight.
And as my hands caress your spine,
I’m glad there’re no distractions tonight.
When we end our dance, I’ll hand you a corsage
As we relax together on the floor.
Then I’ll take your feet and start to massage-
Just a hint of what I have in store.

See we don’t need no technology
Comin’ between you and me;
From now until the morning sun
Nothing will keep us from being one.

No comments:

Post a Comment